KING LIVING FURNITURE NEW ZEALAND LIMITED (company number 5542267)
Updated July 2017
ABOUT THIS POLICY
• Provide you with any goods or services;
• Communicate with King Living by email, by telephone or in writing; or
• Use any of King Living’s other services, including our website, www.kingliving.co.nz (“Website”)
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
King Living will use and disclose your personal information for our business purposes including:
• Providing the best quality products to you; • promoting our products and services;
• Promoting our products and services;
• Undertaking any warranty claims relating to our products;
• Communicating with you; and
• Generally improving our business.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information by several fair and lawful means through your use of our Website and your visits to our stores. We may also collect information from third parties about you. Some of the information we collect is anonymous—and relates to general interaction with King Living. Some of the information we collect is “Personally Identifiable Information” which relates to you personally (“Personal Information”). Personal Information we collect can include your:
• Name, sex and contact details (such as telephone number and email address);
• Residential address, city, state, postcode, area code, gender, age, purchase history, income, and other details that will help us develop and stock products that might appeal to you; and
• Products from King Living (and third parties) you already own, model numbers, date and place of purchase. Your communications with us, whether instore or online, including your responses to online forms, surveys or contest participation, and any other information you supply in such communication may be retained by us to help us improve our business. Personal Information is stored and managed by us electronically and in hard copy. We collect information from you when you:
• Use our Website;
• Order and purchase goods and services from us;
• Ask for a quote;
• Contact us for further information;
• Participate in our promotions and online or in store surveys;
• Subscribe to our mailing list or otherwise submit information to us;
• Submit a job application or résumé; and
• Other methods from time to time.
King Living may disclose your Personal Information:
• Where you would reasonably expect this;
• Where you have consented;
• To the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
• For direct marketing by King Living, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing, as King Living includes an unsubscribe option in all marketing material. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our communications, please contact us at [email protected]
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DELIVERY ARRANGEMENTS
The following terms apply specifically where you place an order with us. In providing any of the personal information of a third person to us in accordance with this section, you confirm and acknowledge that you have received the consent of each person for whom you have provided details and that such person consents to being contacted by us for the purposes listed in this section.
1. When you place an order with us, you will provide the full name and contact details of the persons you nominate to have “Full Access” to your order, these are:
• the “Primary Contact” for the order;
• the “Secondary Contact” for the order, who we will contact if your Primary Contact is unable to be contacted; and
• any further persons who you nominate to have Full Access to your order.
2. A person who has “Full Access” to your order is entitled to:
• obtain information from us about about the number, types and colours of products comprising your order, and about the price of your order;
• obtain information from us regarding the date, time and location for delivery of your order; and
• arrange for the date, time and/or location for delivery to be changed.
3. A person who is nominated as the Secondary Contact or another person nominated by you to have Full Access may provide us with the contact details of a further person who can be contacted to confirm the date, time and location for delivery of your order, if they will be unavailable to accept delivery, and this further person will be treated as a Delivery Contact.
4. When you place an order with us you may also provide the full name and contact details of a “Delivery Contact”. The Delivery Contact will only be contacted by us to confirm the date, time and location for delivery of your order. The Delivery Contact will not be provided with any of your Personal Information or any other information relating to your order, other than your name and order number, and cannot:
• request information from us relating to your order, other than the date, time and location for delivery;
• make any payments to King Living on your behalf;
• change any of the order details, including the products comprising the order; or
• change the date, time or location for delivery of your order.
5. If you are a designer, you may nominate either:
• the recipient of the order;
• a Secondary Contact; or
• further persons nominated by you, as a Delivery Contact and we will only contact them to confirm the date, time and location for delivery. We will not contact any of these persons without first obtaining your consent. Any recipient, Secondary Contact or further nominated person will not be:
• able to change the date, time and/or address for delivery, unless you first provide us with your consent;
• able to change any other details of the order;
• provided with any of your Personal Information; and
• provided with any information about the order, such as the price or products, apart from the date, time and address for delivery.
6. If you are making your order through a corporate entity , we will obtain the details of your authorised officer to be your Primary Contact when you place your order.
COLLECTION AND USE OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
King Living does not collect any financial information. Please note that where you apply for financing of your King Living products, you will be directed to a third-party provider who will manage your financial information. King Living takes no responsibility for your disclosure of financial information or management of such financial information. As a part of your use of a credit card to make a purchase, King Living will collect credit card information as a part of the King Living purchase process. King Living may need to provide this information to a third party in order to process your payment. Any third parties that are granted access to your credit card information will only be granted such access to the extent needed to perform their functions. King Living warrants that it will use its best endeavours to ensure that all credit card information is stored securely.
OTHER INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
For statistical purposes, we collect anonymous information on website activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, and most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our Website performance and to improve the content we display to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click throughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
COLLECTING SENSITIVE INFORMATION
HOLDING AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
King Living takes security of your information very seriously. King Living holds your personal information and credit card information in physical form or in electronic form in our systems or the systems of service providers. We protect your personal information and credit card information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in the electronic format by appropriate physical and communications security measures, such as encrypted rights of access. Any information is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
From time to time we include links to third party websites on our Website, which includes a third party provider of finance for your purchase of King Living products. These links are published by us as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave our Website and we are not responsible for your use of any third party web service. King Living is not responsible for any of these third party sites, their content or their usage of your personal information. We advise that you check the privacy policies on those sites.
CLICK STREAM DATA
Each time you visit our Website our server collects some anonymous information, known as clickstream data, including the type of browser and system you are using, the address of the website you have come from and move to after your visit, the date and time of your visit and your server's IP address. King Living may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our Website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, and most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our Website performance.
COOKIES AND WEB USE TOOLS
To improve our business, King Living uses a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise you each time you visit our Website, as well as to track which pages are visited and what you look at on our Website. A “Cookie” is a piece of information that our web server may send to your device when you visit our Website. The Cookie is stored on your device, but does not identify you or give us any information about your device. A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our Website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on our Website. With most Internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your device, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
DEALING WITH UNSOLICITED INFORMATION
King Living takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information that it could not have collected by other legitimate means is destroyed or de-identified immediately.
ANONYMITY WHEN DEALING WITH KING LIVING
Where it is practicable, and only to that extent, King Living allows you the option to remain anonymous when dealing with us.
ACCURACY AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION
King Living takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information and credit card information is accurate, complete, up-to-date and not misleading by updating its records whenever true and correct changes to the information come to our attention. If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete, not current or misleading, you can request that we update this information by contacting the Privacy Officer on the contact details provided below.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CREDIT INFORMATION
King Living acknowledges that you have a general right of access to personal information and credit card information concerning you and to have inaccurate information corrected. Please contact the Privacy Officer using the details provided below to contact us for these purposes and we will respond promptly to your request. If access is refused to your personal information or credit card information, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable.
KING LIVING EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND POSITION APPLICANTS
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
535 Parnell Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand
e-mail [email protected]
Tel. +61 2 9597 6466
If you are concerned with the way King Living handled your personal information or credit card information, please contact the Privacy Officer. We will endeavour to contact you within 7 days of you making your complaint acknowledging receipt of your complaint. It is our policy to investigate and resolve all complaints (where practicable) within 30 days of receiving the complaint. Where it is a legal requirement to do so, then in the event we need more time to investigate and resolve your complaint, we will notify you as to the reasons why and seek your agreement to extend this 30 day period (if you do not agree, we may then not be able to resolve your complaint).