King Living has been environmentally-aware since its inception in 1977 and received its first ‘green’ award in 1999 (FMIAA and NSW Environment Protection Authority Award).
King Living sofa designs are specifically created to give you many years of comfort before you consider recycling them. The removable covers extend the life and usefulness of your sofa.
When you’re ready for a change, just contact the King-Care® Service Team. They will visit your home to clean, repair or refresh your sofa. They can refill cushions, clean stains and repair any damage to return your sofa to almost-new.
The team can also replace the cover, giving you an entirely new look. The King-Care® Service Team regularly replaces covers on sofas that are up to 30 years old.
The complete modular flexibility of many of King Living’s sofas also means you can achieve a new look or fit into a new room by changing the configuration seamlessly.
King Living also achieve environmental sustainability through its own manufacturing and packaging processes:
- Using recyclable and biodegradable materials wherever possible. For example, steel frames can be recycled and cushion fillings are biodegradable.
- Components are easily assembled without tools so King Living sofas can be transported in around half the space of conventional sofas, reducing the companys carbon footprint.
- Components are packaged in recyclable cardboard boxes, eliminating the need for plastic packaging.
- Strong steel frames mean King Living won’t wear out and or require replacement.
- Removable covers make it easy for old sofas to be separated for recycling.
King Living are constantly looking for new ways to improve processes and materials to become even more environmentally sustainable.